Thanks very much for choosing to book with us, below is all details and information you will require for your stay with us. Please take some time to read through this.
Welcome to The Blue Lion Apartments
Welcome to The Blue Lion Apartments, our home away from home in the beautiful village of Cynwyd. This welcome book is intended to help you get acquainted with the area and the apartment.
We have sought to equip our apartments to a high standard and to anticipate your needs by providing all the things you might want for a luxurious stay.
You want to have a wonderful holiday and we want that for you too. We believe that when you are here this is your home for however long you are staying and that you will be relaxed, comfortable and happy.
Welcome to our piece of paradise!
WIFI / INTERNET DETAILS
The apartment has free Wi-Fi. The details are:
ID: Blue Lion Apartments
The service is provided for your enjoyment but you are responsible for safe and appropriate use and complying with all laws. If there is any loss of service please contact us.
ACCESS CODES / INSTRUCTIONS
Keys will be provided for the door to your apartment. Please take care when accessing as the building is close to a busy road.
Check-in time is 3pm. We will try our best to arrange for an earlier check in time upon prior request however, this may not always be possible. Please contact us for more information.
Free parking is available behind the Apartments & Spar shop, there is a large area with plenty of space.
When you leave, please ensure that you lock the front door, and deposit the keys in the letter box at the Blue Lion Pub.
Check-out time is 10am. Should you require a later check-out we will do our best to arrange this upon prior request however, this may not always be possible. Please contact us for more information.
- Hot tub
- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine (apartment 2 & 3 only)
- One/Two/Three bedrooms: 2 x king-size/bunk beds depending on your apartment)
- Shower room with walk-in shower, basin and WC
- Sitting room
- Gas central heating
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, 3 x TV and WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off-road parking to the rear of the property
- Travel cot available
- Private rear garden with table and chairs, patio heater and hot tub
- Sorry, smoking allowed
- Shop and pub within 0.1 miles
Enjoying a central position within the Welsh village of Cynwyd and surrounded by the majestic beauty of the Berwyn Mountains is this apartment property, converted from an old pub.
The apartment is ideal for couples or groups of friends seeking a base to explore this wonderful part of Wales, situated just a few miles away from the Snowdonia National Park.
Enter into the contemporary dwelling and be welcomed into the galley-style kitchen, where a range of quality appliances within a sleek assortment, inviting the chef of the group to cater some delicious meals.
The sitting room is a spacious spot, ideal for hosting sociable evenings with a large L-shape sofa placed in front of a 55” TV and large patio doors providing views over the village.
Retire in the evening to one of the two king-size bedrooms with a walk-in shower room, both enjoying plush furnishings and elegant linens, creating tranquil spots for catching your rest after an action-packed day.
Continuing to impress is the rear garden, where you can flick on the patio heater in the evening and enjoy a spot of alfresco dining, before dipping into the hot tub, savouring a moment of relaxation under the stars.
Promising a wonderful retreat all year around is this super apartment.
USEFUL INFO FOR YOUR STAY
We have a great range of draft lagers & ale. We also have Sky Sports, BT Sports and Amazon Prime sports. We show all major games. Our bar is open;
- Monday – 6pm to 11pm
- Tuesday – 6pm to 11pm
- Wednesday – 2pm to 11pm
- Thursday – 2pm to 11pm
- Friday – 12pm to midnight
- Saturday – 12pm to midnight
- Sunday – 12pm to 11pm
Our Restaurant serves fantastic locally sourced food, served to a high standard, and is open;
- Wednesday & Thursday – 2pm to 9pm (Lunch and Dinner)
- Friday – 12pm to 9pm (Lunch Dinner)
- Saturday – 12pm to 9pm (Lunch and Dinner)
- Sunday – 12pm to 6pm (Lunch)
Cynwyd has a convenience store, fully stocked and open;
- 7am to 9pm Monday to Saturday
- 10am to 5pm Sunday
The local convenience store also has the benefit of a Post Office. This is open;
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday – 9am to 5pm (Closed 1pm to 2pm)
- Wednesday and Saturday- 9am-1pm
If you need to get in touch with us during your stay, feel free to speak to any member of staff, or call Anthony, Christian or Will on 07718925162/ 07584024525/07796268763 at any time.
Bala 12 miles; Llangollen 12 miles.
The small village of Cynwyd lies in the Upper Dee Valley, close to the banks of the famous River Dee. Situated in the foothills of the scenic Berwyn Mountains, the village has a picturesque waterfall and a beautiful arched bridge over the river. Cynwyd boasts a shop and two pubs and has its own thriving Ramblers Association providing wonderful walking in the surrounding hills and mountains. The National Cycle Route passes close by, while excellent fishing and canoeing can be enjoyed on the River Dee. Nearby Llangollen offers a good range of shops, pubs and eateries and is internationally famous for its annual, musical Eisteddfod and exciting white water rafting opportunities. Take a steam train through the picturesque Dee Valley, visit the National Trust properties at Erddig or Chirk Castle, or explore beautiful Lakes Bala and Vyrnwy and the Snowdonia National Park. A fabulous location at any time of year!
mountain in Wales or brush up on the local history further by visiting the National Trust properties of Erddig and Chirk Castle. Cynwyd Apartments promise to be that action-packed break that you have been seeking.
Please ensure you read and fully understand these booking terms and conditions. If anything is unclear, please contact us so we can explain in further detail to avoid any misunderstandings.
Bookings are subject to the following terms and conditions.
- A contract between you and the owner will come into existence when payment is received and a booking confirmation is issued showing the confirmed holiday dates. The contract binds you & all the members of your party. It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your party accept the terms of the contract set out in these terms & conditions of booking. Failure to disclose all relevant information or comply with these terms may lead to termination of the contract & loss of the booking.
- A non-refundable £100 deposit of the holiday cost is payable at the time of booking. Bookings made less than 4 weeks before your arrival date must be paid in full.
- The balance must be paid no later than 4 weeks before the commencement of your holiday. If the balance is not received by the due date, then your holiday will be treated as a cancellation and the client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent.
- All cancellations must be notified in writing or phone call. If you cancel your holiday more than 6 weeks before it is due to start, then your deposit will be forfeit. If you cancel less than 6 weeks before the holiday, then the full balance remains due and is not refundable.
- We strongly advise that you take out comprehensive travel insurance to cover cancellations. If you choose not to, then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
- Your booking will not be cancelled by the owner except in exceptional circumstances beyond our control. Notification will be given of the cancellation as soon as possible and we will promptly refund all payments made for your holiday. Our liability for cancellation will be limited to payments made to us.
- No parties or events – the maximum number of persons using the accommodation at any time must not exceed and only those listed on the booking form can occupy the property. We reserve the right to terminate the booking without notice and without refund in case of a breach of this condition.
- (Note: If you allow guests to have visitors during their stay, clarify the maximum number of occupants, that they must be approved in advance, and are subject to an additional charge of £25 per person per night if staying overnight).
- Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under eighteen years of age.
- The owner reserves the right to refuse a booking without giving any reason.
- We or our representatives reserve the right to enter the property at any time to undertake essential maintenance or for inspection purposes.
- Tenancies normally commence at 3pm unless otherwise agreed and guests are required to vacate the rental by 10am on the day of departure. This allows the accommodation to be thoroughly cleaned and prepared for incoming guests.
- Vaping or smoking anywhere inside the premises will result in immediate termination of occupancy and forfeiture of all payments. This must be strictly adhered to and any damage or extra cleaning caused by pets or smoking will be at the expense of you. A £150 minimum charge will be taken.
-Only 2 pets are allowed at one time (£25 extra per pet per night)
-Please don’t let pets onto the furniture, especially sofas and beds
-Guests are responsible for cleaning up after their pets
- -Additional cleaning cost will be charged at £150 per stay if any soiledstrains, odours or hair left on any fixtures or fittings are present after standard cleaning.
- Damage deposit – In making a booking you accept responsibility for any theft, breakage or damage caused by you, pets or any member of your party and agree to indemnify us in full for any loss that we may incur as a result. A £150 is required and will be taken from card details.
- Damages and breakages – please treat the facilities & accommodation with due care so that other guests may continue to enjoy them. If you notice something is missing or damaged in your accommodation, please let us know immediately so that we can take the appropriate action. If there has been any damage or breakages during your stay, we would be grateful if you could report them promptly, especially before check-out. The accommodation will be inspected at the end of the holiday & you may be charged for any loss or damage.
- Please do not move any furniture from one room to another.
- Please remove shoes before entering the house.
- Please lock the doors and close the windows when you leave the property unoccupied.
- Please make sure you switch off lights, heating, air conditioning or any electrical appliances when you go out – we’re an eco-friendly holiday home.
- Please don’t use the bath towels outside of the property. Use the hot tub towels provided.
- The owner reserves the right to make a charge to cover additional cleaning costs if the client leaves the property in an unacceptable condition.
- Please note that if any keys issued are not returned at the end of your stay, then the cost of replacement will be charged to you.
- The client may in no circumstance re-let or sublet the property, even free of charge.
- The owner shall not be liable for any temporary defect or malfunction of any equipment, machinery or appliance in the building, grounds or hot tub/pool.
- No compensation will be given for any temporary outage of electricity, gas, water, internet connection or television service.
- The owners are not responsible for the loss of any personal belongings or valuables of the guest.
- All inventory must remain in the property and not be taken to another property.
- Hot tub
-The Hot tub can be used from 9am to 11pm daily. Please respect these timings out of respect for our neighbours.
-Please avoid using glass or sharp objects near the hot tub.
-Guests must shower before entering the water to rinse off creams and makeup.
- Guests are responsible for the safety and security of their children at all times. Never leave children without adult supervision.
- Please park your vehicles at the rear of the property, which is behind the spar, ensuring cars do not block access to other properties. Parking is limited to 2 vehicles.
- Please respect the community and try to keep noise levels to a minimum, especially between 11 pm and 8 am.
- We reserve the right to terminate a holiday without compensation where the unreasonable behaviour of the persons named on the booking (or their guests) may impair the enjoyment, comfort or health of others.
- Candles are not allowed inside the apartment..
- Check-out – (remind guests of the check-out time and their responsibilities e.g. empty bins, strip beds, clean dirty dishes).
- Any problem or complaint which the client may have concerning their holiday must be immediately reported directly to us/our representatives and we will endeavour to put matters right. Any complaints not reported to us/the property manager at the time and only reported after the client has returned from holiday will not be considered by the proprietor.
- We reserve the right to make reasonable amendments or additions to these terms and conditions without notice.
- This property is privately owned and is our home. We expect all guests to enjoy the facilities and treat the property with the same respect that they would with their own house.
Other helpful information such as emergency contact details, bin collection days etc. should be included in your guest information.
In the event of cancellation, guests may be due a partial refund which is depending on when notice of cancellation is given to us before the holiday start date. The refund is calculated as follow:-
- 21 or less days notice _ no refund
- 22-35 days notice – 10% of the total accommodation cost
- 36-49 days notice – 20% of the total accommodation cost
- 50-63 days notice -40% of the total accommodation cost
- more than 63 days notice – the guest liability for the remainder of the balance will be waived or the balance refunded if this has been paid previously.
If a refund is due it will be paid within 10 working days of cancellation